Wednesday, November 20, 2013


First Impressions 

What are your first impressions of Truman Capote? Is he likeable? Why/why not? How is your first impression of him affected by knowing that he was a real person?

My first impression of capote in the movie was that he was rather likeable. He appeared socially awkward with a good heart, and I warmed to him. He didnt seem manipulative in the least, only kind and happy. Later, however, my opinions changed as I saw him lie repeatedly to his subject in jail. He lied easily and rather intelligently, making me think perhaps my other impressions of him were based on falsehoods. This is of course largely affected knowing he actually exists, as his easy lies may have been due to a talented actor. Of course, the action itself is most likely true. Anyways, from the movie I recieved the impression he is manipulative but emotional and goodhearted, and I believe these things must be true in their basic form as any movie based on real life will strive to have an accurate character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment